French Language, Culture & Literature Courses
UNIVERSITE DE LYON
(University of Lyon, France)
Summer Study Programs
COST from just
Prices subject to change
Classes start June 16 and end July 15
Students should leave USA June 14 and return July 16
Classes start June 16 and end June 30
Students should leave USA June 14 and return July 1
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
EXCURSION TO PARIS INCLUDED
· Transfer from the airport to the apartment, ONLY if students come as a group and at the same time and in the same flight
· Pass for urban transportation in Lyon for the entire duration of the program
· Tuition, 3-6 graduate, undergraduate credits (2 or 4 weeks)
· Student ID
· Access to the university libraries, computers lab, sports facilities
· Pre-departure orientation:
· Welcome service for Students Abroad (Mission d’Acueil des Etudiants Venus d’Ailleurs, MAEVA
· On-Site orientation on campus of the university
· Welcome and farewell parties
· MLSA staff on campus and on-site
· Guided excursion to Paris
· Visit to Avignon – Festival –
· Cultural activities: Discover Lyon, Themed visits of Lyon
· Accommodations in apartments, with kitchen, stove, micro oven, refrigerator
· Double occupancy: Single available at additional fees.
· Activities organized by MLSA/CIEF:
· Press and information room
· Evening activities with Lyon 2.
· Alter Ego meeting program set up by the International Relations Division.
· Events organized by the Lyon 2 culture department.
· Pay-as –you-go mobile phones available for the entire program for a rental fee and upon advance reservation.
· Airfare (MLSA will make flight arrangements only for groups upon request)
· Return transportation to the airport
· Application fee ($100)
· Optional excursions to Annecy (near the Alps) or Marseille
· All expenses not stated
4-WEEK PROGRAM $3,985
2-WEEK PROGRAM $3,295
PAYMENT SCHEDULE (unless otherwise specified)
Application fee, when submitted ……………………………… $100
(Non-refundable unless the applicant is not accepted—
MLSA will confirm your acceptance)
Confirmation deposit (2 weeks after acceptance)………..…. $500
1st payment due March 15..…………………………………. $1000
2nd payment due March 30……………………………………. $500
Final payment due April 10…………………………………… Balance
If all payments are not made by April 10, a $200 late fee
will be applied.
MAKE ALL YOUR PAYMENTS TO:
MODERN LANGUAGE STUDIES ABROAD
P. O. BOX 548
FRANKFORT, IL 60423
Payments by personal check are accepted up to 75 days prior to the departure date. Payments made 74 or fewer days before departure have to be made by cashier’s check or money order. MLSA will assess a $50 processing fee if a check is returned to us by the drawer’s bank.
Can be made by check, cashier’s check, or money order to MLSA. If applicant is not accepted, the deposit will be returned; if applicant is accepted and later withdraws from the program, the registration fee will not be refunded. Credit cards are not accepted. A $50 fee will be charged if a check is not accepted by the bank. Students register for summer/winter semester and pay for summer/winter tuition, not per credit.
LATE APPLICANTS/LATE PAYMENTS
We welcome students up until the very last minute, provided we have space and we can make arrangements for them to join the program after the deadline. Contact the MLSA office before sending your application. Applications received are accepted on a rolling basis until the program is filled. However, due to the extra administrative work, a service charge of $200 per person will be assessed to students joining the program after the deadline or to participants who fall behind in their payment schedule. Students enrolling after the deadline must send full payment with the applications, plus the $200 late fee.
CHANGES IN PRICES – PRICE GUARANTEE
The program fees are based on rates in effect at the time of printing this brochure and are subject to change, without notice, due to possible increases in the cost, devaluation of currencies, or other reasons not under the control of the university. The prices will be guaranteed if complete payment of all program fees is made by February 15 (summer programs) and October 1 (winter program).
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS POLICY
Cancellation from the program must be done in writing to MLSA, P. O. Box 548, Frankfort, IL 60423. Verbal cancellations will not be honored. The postmark of the U.S. Postal Service will be the effective determining date for all cancellations. The student agrees to accept the terms of the Refund Policy as outlined in the application and specified here. If a participant withdraws more than 60 days before leaving, he/she receives a full refund less $400. If he/she withdraws 59 to 30 days prior to departure, he/she receives a partial refund but the amount withheld will be at least $900 and may be considerably more. If 29 days or less prior to departure, participants will be refunded only 20% of total cost less the $100 non-refundable registration fee. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OR ANY REASON for tuition, unused accommodations, meals, land transportation, hotels or other activities once the trip has begun. No reduction or refunds will be made for services not used by the student and no substitutions will be allowed for services not used. Services cannot be transferred to another person. We recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.